Monday, June 24, 2013

Something short and rainy...

Getting caught in the rain in China is probably one of the most exciting and one of the most disgusting things I have ever done.

Having a little bit of pijiu (beer) in my system probably helped my endurance as I sprinted through the downpour.  I had to remind myself not to open my mouth, because every time I did, a bitter rain would assault my taste buds.  If I looked up too long, my eyes would start to sting.

We ran past a hair salon and boys with goofy hair cuts sat and watched us, amused and confused.  Why were waiguo ren running through the rain? My shoes are sponges.  My clothes are only soaked through on the front.  My phones are both safe and my purse is a darker brown than it was at the restaurant.  What an experience.  I wouldn't change it for the world.  Beijing gave me a shower of black rain.

3 comments:

  1. So I just watched the episode in which the rain can kill people....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The writers came to Beijing before writing that episode...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so happy in this strange land.

    ReplyDelete